View Single Post
Old 04-20-17, 09:12 PM
Bad1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrettscv
I'm using Schwalbe S-One 700x30 with Velocity A23 rims on my adventure bike These measure out to almost 32mm wide.

I set it up tubeless on Velocity A23 rim. The tire was eventually easy to install tubeless with a standard floor pump. I did pre-fit the tire using a tube and let it take shape at 80psi for 48 hours. This allowed the tire to seat quickly and hold air with 30 ml of sealant.

The Schwalbe S-One is lightweight and very fast rolling. The S-One helped me maintain the same kind of speeds I produce on my road bike with 700x25 Vittoria Rubino Pro tires. At 80 psi rear, 70psi front, The Schwalbe is not as plush as an open tubular tires, but it rode more smoothly than 700x25 Vittoria Rubino Pro tires. I'm sure it becomes super plush at 20% lower air pressures, I'll experiment with the air pressure in the future.

The S-One is 31.7mm wide after a week of inflation at 80psi. The micro-dot texture and compound provides super high levels of traction on pavement. The tire is wide enough for all the firm gravel near my home in Illinois.

So are you talking about a single bike like your "adventure bike" sounds like it if so your in the wrong thread "Road Tubeless on Tandems" is the subject. What you are referencing has no object use concerning tandem usage. The S ones would get chewed up on a tandem and are not suited to serve you well.
There is no way a clincher rides as well as a tubeless tire set up properly. As far as a standard floor pump inflating a 700/25 or 700/28 tubeless it's not going to happening no matter how fast and hard you stroke it, as far a having a set take hold on the tape with a tube in the tire no more than 45 minutes is enough.