Old 05-03-17, 03:44 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
I've been riding with this light a bit if only for the extra burn time and am growing to like it.

The mount was replaced with a GoPro mount from a Light & Motion Urban series light. The L&M mount is a perfect bolt-on replacement and allows the light to be mounted on the underside of a GPS mount.

It is very bright and I would still prefer a tighter, longer beam pattern for the road but one thing I noticed with a more diffuse, softer pattern is less tunnel vision and I think it is easier on the eyes. Throwing a wide pattern certainly alerts motorists that I'm on the road as it lights up everything - driveways, trees, front lawns - in addition to the road.

The wide beam pattern was appreciated when I rode my gravel bike on some cross-country running trails in the woods, lighting up the turns on the twisty course very nicely.

Motorists flash their bright lights when the Strada 1200 is on high and the handlebar button is not always reliable. It requires a very firm, intentional push.

Burn time is very good. I did a two hour ride alternating between high and low settings and the battery had over 90% charge remaining.

So I think I'll keep it.

Last edited by TimothyH; 05-03-17 at 03:53 PM.