Old 05-07-17, 01:36 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
@VegasTriker, thanks for the ebay link to the $6 tail light. I'm going to try one. I won't be able to compare it with the real Blitzu, but I'll compare it with my Cygolite.
It just gets better...I have two of the Blitzu's ( purchased last year ) that I bought for mounting to my seat stays. Just one makes a very good rear light, very bright.

Doing just a quick check on ebay reveals that VegasTriker is right, prices on the COB type LED lamps have dropped like a rock. For example,
goes for a little under $4. Last year I paid about $15 ea. for mine and thought that was a bargain. No need to buy the cheap frog style lamps anymore for give-a-ways. These are not only 4x as bright but are usb rechargeable and can be bought in red ( for rear use ) and white for the front. ( Actually, the 6 mode version can be bought to include red/white in the same lamp...like the ones I have ) Almost everyone has a phone nowadays so giving something away that recharges with a phone charger would undoubtedly be the way to go.