View Single Post
Old 05-14-17, 09:18 PM
elhalpern

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
FYI: I have modeled the 8 speed ergo spring carrier in solidworks and posted an "STL" file on thingiverse.com that can be downloaded for free and then be printed in plastic or metal. While a plastic version will work, I don't expect it to survive too long. So, you can use a service like i.materilise.com to print it in aluminum, steel, stainless steel, or titanium if you have cash to burn. I chose to print with brass infused steel for US$31 delivered with a 2-week turnaround. Aluminum was more expensive to print. I suspect it would crack just like the oringial aluminum part. So, my carrier will be slightly hevier, but it should hold up over time. I post images of the printed part before I install and run it.

Regards to all who keep old groupos running.

UPDATE - Steel infused with bronze part came back from i.materialise.com and after opening up the spring holes with a 0.059" drill bit assebled and worked on the bike. Future updates on this will be posted to the part file page on thingiverse.com That location also shows pictures of the actual printed part with springs loaded and also place on the shift ratchet gear.

Last edited by elhalpern; 06-17-17 at 08:40 AM.