View Single Post
Old 05-15-17, 03:31 PM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube
In 2002 I ordered a container of bikes from Oyama.
They agreed not to use my designs/ideas. I went to the Taipei show in 2003 and they were trying to hide the entire booth from me.....they stole many ideas. I never dealt with them again.

Later I understood that was their MO. They produce for a company and use IP in other markets. I don't think they can be trusted.

Thanks
Yan
I've been watching this channel on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zzAZuT9859GVhg

because I'm interested in China and the different culture and you soon learn they don't give a rat's ass about IP, copyright, trademarks or fake products. You even get cars that are blatant copies of western models and can buy the logo's of the proper brands they are copying from the very dealer you bought the clone version from pre-fitted. Sometimes Chinese companies come up with great ideas for bikes etc and within a short space of time every factory is doing the same. The Chinese companies themselves cannot protect their own designs. Often the importer of the bikes in other countries will register the design as their own even though it was designed in China. So there is an opposite effect too. Many companies in Europe claim they design their own bike frames and have them made in Taiwan or China but near identical frames already exist in those markets. Of course also many frames are designed in Europe and completely ripped off in China. It's just how business is done over there.