View Single Post
Old 05-16-17, 09:35 AM
Ray9

Bikes: Cannondale six-13

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 24 Posts
I saw the surgeon today for a follow-up on my gallbladder surgery on My 4th. Age: 70, Ht.: 5'5, weight: 140, PR: 47, BP: 120/80, Oxy content: 99%, Temp: 98.6. I made the nurse write it all down. I'm kind of anal that way and my wife who was in the examining room with me rolled her eyes. The surgeon looked at my stiches and said they are healing well. He poked around on my gut to see that I had no painful spots and said I'm doing fine. He looked at my reducible inguinal hernia on the right side and said if I was twelve he would recommend operating but because it gives me no pain and I have had it for a long time it's better just to wait and watch.

I told him I want to ride my bike and he said to wait another week because riding a bike uses the core and it still needs some healing time. He said it's ok to ride my seated indoor incumbent though because my back is supported. I've decided to heed his words so even though I really want to get out there in the fresh air I have a fan in front of the door while I ride. I started taking the Beetroot again as well.

The first week all I wanted to do was sleep and the surgeon said that is normal because that's how the body heals. I'm feeling much more energetic now and the rest of the week it is going to be in 80's and 90's. I recorded the Tour of California and will watch it while I ride today. I started taking the Beetroot again as well.

Last edited by Ray9; 05-16-17 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added content.