Old 05-19-17, 02:27 AM
kais01

Bikes: moulton f-frame 15sp, rex 50s tandem, rex 50s mixte 18sp, brompton 90s T10, brompton 90s T5 305 'mtb', brompton 2sp Ti 69t chainwheel, Brompton Ti 2x10sp Schlumpf/Dura ace, Cube 26 ams, Cube 29 ams hpc, Pinarello Monviso 90s, Kiffy trike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jur: thanks!

leoho5; i used a standard merida derailleur holder that sits directly on the axle, chose to have it on the inside, and thus had to widen the triangle a little extra; this way the chain is better cleared from the tubing when on the smallest cog.

when having the hub and derailleur setup ready and mounted it was easy to therafter center the rim with the help of tensioning the spokes. used the double-butted spokes from brompton, dont remember their length, but they come in two lengths with 2 mm difference for their front and rear wheels, the shorter model i used on the cassette side.

actually i took half of the spokes from a front wheel, then transplanted half of the spokes from a rear wheel onto it. so the front wheel is also assymetrical, but lengthwise and not sidewise. the shorter spokes there on the inside of the flanges and all going in the same lengtwise direction.