View Single Post
Old 05-21-17, 06:09 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Thanks all! This morning (of course) I am regretting phoning it in. I shoulda smashed it. Ah well, makes it easier to PR it next year, I guess.

Cool thing is that I met a woman at Santiago Cyn TT last week- member of Canyon Velo, a club with a lot of TTists. She's a spin instructor. Santiago was her first every TT and I finished 4-5 seconds ahead of her, that's pretty good for her first outing. (Although she's been working with experienced TT people for awhile.) Yesterday was her second ever TT and she won the woman's cat 4. She's hooked on TTs.

Next week she's doing the TTT State Championship on a mixed team with Canyon Velo. I told her she was lucky, I'd love to do it but don't know anybody. Her response was they wish they had known- the second women is not really a TT person (I know. This is not necessarily bad.) and they had been looking for another TT woman. So "maybe next year". We exchanged info. Hopefully it works out.