Old 06-19-17, 11:24 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by Dannyloeb
If self driving technology will reduce people's awareness, than it may not do good ...
I can quote my credit card number and associated dates and security information on command. Can you? My wife, who is blind can recall all our various credit and banking data plus all the phone numbers of her friends and family! As a young adult I kept most of the phone numbers of my friends and family in memory. I did not keep a paper phone number list. Smartphones are definitely having a negative impact on the human ability to store and recall arcania. And? What? If the use of a Smartphone kills the ability to memorize information its not like people can no longer call friends, it is just that they need their phone to do it. You would need the phone anyway to make the call. The only downside to self-driving cars that I can see is if there is no attempt made to force them to adopt all electric propulsion technology. An increased vehicle fleet of self-driving vehicles that can be on the road emitting CO2 even while their owners are otherwise occupied elsewhere would be a very bad development.