View Single Post
Old 06-19-17, 09:11 PM
tagaproject6

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP (Record);Cinelli Xperience (Force);Specialized Allez (Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Centaur); Colnago AC-R Disc;Colnago V1r Limited Edition;De Rosa King 3 Limited(Force 22);DeRosa Merak(Red):Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Hydro(Di2)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Lars Honeytoast
The road bikers around where I live are a funny sort. Expensive bike, expensive jerseys with huge logos on them all matching colors, bike, helmet, sunglasses, lycra. If your not riding an aero frame, deep wheels state of the art machine they wont even talk to you. I like the looks they give my steel frames.

The other day as I was coming home from work on my normal commute (on my fixie in normal clothes with a small messenger bag) one of these guys came up behind me while slowing down to cross the street, we set off and he stood up to get around me but I took off too. He stayed on my wheel for little then tried to get around me. still couldn't do it, got back in the draft and switched gears, I could hear the tires on the road as he put more power into the pedals and pulled out to the side, so I tucked down even more and kept spinning. He never was able to get around me. Finally as the bike path ended I took the normal route through town and he turned off to go a different way. I like to think in frustration that he couldn't pass a steel frame.