Old 12-26-05, 10:16 AM
Kogswell
Matthew Grimm / Flunky

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 610
These bikes remind me a lot of the Kogswell Model P frame.
What a nice thing to say. Thanks!

Ah, The Paramount.

They were like Cadillacs: bold, shiney, EXPENSIVE. You always wanted one. Red, yellow, white, chrome. Yeah, chrome with red lettering. Short coupled frame. Nervex lugs. Chromed Nervex lugs.

I finally got a green '72 with centerpulls in '78 at a garage sale. It was thrashed. But like a thrashed Cadillac, it still looked good.

They came with a Campy 5mm allen, a Campy T-wrench (10mm socket + 6mm allen), and a Campy crank puller and crank bolt wrench. Maybe the Campy saddle wrench too. Yeah, the one you needed to get to the bolts on the 2-bolt Campy seatpost. The other end was a spanner to tighten Brooks saddles.

By '78 Eisentraut had taken over. You could get bikes from Europe, but the Eisentrauts and the SoCal Masis were 'the s**t'.

When I made the Ps I was thinking of Paramounts. Production bikes with style. The Eisentraut Limited too. BIkes that wouldn't wreck your budget, but that you didn't have be ashamed of either.

There's no trick to spending a lot of money to get something nice. The trick is to get something nice and still save for your child's education.