tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1114 Post(s)
Liked 848 Times in 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Modenaro
Got the bike late today, got it together and took a spin.
(Note, all tools required came with the bike) Large multiple combo with 2 sizes on each end
and an allen set with a square drive adapter for seat adj. Found it after the bike was together. LOL
In all fairness, the last brand new bike I purchased was in 1997.
A $2000.00 Specialized S-works mtb. (In 1997 dollars) So I will do my best to be fair.
Really like the frame geometry on this one, with its steep head angle. Nice welds & solid feel.
Fit & finish is nice. A little better than one would expect from a $300.00 bike.
But with better welds. (that makes me happy) Am sure it was done robotically.........
But good looking welds are good looking welds.
Like posted everywhere else the brake is a bit weak. Not a show stopper but will probably add a
$50.00 avid bb7 caliper. (Like almost everyone else) And not spend too much time trying to make the zoom product fly.
The brake lever works, but just ordered an Avid FR5 lever from the bay for $6.99 shipped. Should be an improvement.
Nice sealed bearing wheels, tires are better than expected. Components are about what you would expect.
But all seem standard sized and easily upgradable.
Forged steel cranks seem strong (but probably add 2 pounds)
Am sure lots of folks will just ride it as it is. But my plan was to do a few things from the get go.
The best thing (for me) is the 24.5" top tube and an effective top tube length of 26".
Seat is OK, but is a large padded BMX seat, and will get swapped out
with something nicer. And possibly a longer seat post. (Am 6'3") I did slide the seat back 2" after the photo.
Really stretched things out.
I don't have anything terrible to say about it. Its just what I expected. Yea.........
Take a good look at the stick on decals, as they will all be gone tomorrow.
Included was two very large beanies, and ear buds. Just so you know..........
This one is going to fill the gap between my mountain bike and a beach cruiser.
Think long range beach cruiser that can go off curbs, down stairs etc.
Wow,...this is a hot ride! I'm drooling on my keyboard,...

I'm contemplating a Fairdale Taj me'self.

Last edited by tds101; 06-23-17 at 09:55 AM.