View Single Post
Old 07-03-17, 07:52 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 972 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by DropBarFan
Once went car trailer-tent camping with the family & at a campground the mosquitoes were so thick that we killed over 100 inside the tent that evening.
you know, Im reasonably fast at stuff, I like shifting fast on a bike, or a car or a motorcycle, I react well to city traffic situations or dodging a pothole or cutting into an apex of a turn....but you know what, as I kid I learned pretty quickly that when getting into a tent in that sort of situation, you had your shoes untied, and timed everything as damn smoothly and quickly as possible when scooting in and rezipping the door to reduce the number of them getting in.
We used to be very methodical about killing right away the ones that got in, cuz if you didnt, there'd you'd be, in the dark, dozing off to sleep or actually asleep, and that one little $$#!! of a survivor would wake you up.

also learned that mozzies seem to go more for dark colours, so no more dark fleeces or shirts or whatever. I swear I noticed a diff. My theory is that they are programmed to go for large, dark objects that generally would be the animals they'd be feeding off.

see Tom, camping is fun! Really.