View Single Post
Old 07-04-17, 12:22 PM
berlinonaut

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by reppans
Nso now dropped the gravel bike's tire pressure to the same (50-60 psi, FWIW). Added the drop bar position on the B and the two bikes feel pretty even in comfort to me.
You are really running the Brompton on 50 to 60 PSI (3,5 -4,1 bar) and are happy with that? Wow! I pump the Marathons as well as the Brompton Kevelar usually to 6.2 - 6.6 bar (90-94 PSI) and the Kojaks to 7,7 to 8 bar (107-117 PSI). Whenever I feel dragged and slow on my Brommi I check the pressure and if I missed to do so for a couple of weeks the pressure may have gone down to what you are using as a standard. I refill to my standard level and immediately riding feels much easier - like Popey after having eaten his spinach. It is really a huge and noticable difference for me which I can clearly recognize on my speedometer.

Regarding aerodynamics I am with you. First I think I am too slow to notice the effect of different tires in that aspect and second: Whoever puts a Brompton bag on the carrier block should not be afraid of the negative aerodynamics-effect that may be caused by a tire that is 3mm wider.