Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NomadVW
Clarifying a few things here:

1. Marine Corps does have a special forces unit under SOCOM as of last year. They are called MarSoc Det 1. They are primarily composed of former Force and Battalion recon Marines as well as a handful from other units in the communications and ANGLICO units. Nowadays, it's not so easy to clarify USMC Special Forces as Force Recon only.
You'd think my step-son could have told this old gunny that, but noooooo... Thanks.
How's Iwakuni these days? I don't suppose Hank's pizza place is still out in da ville, Hank probably croaked by now. How about the creamatorium? Hmmm, nothing like the smell of burning bodies while running the sea wall! Does the Exchange still rent them Benjo Bombers?
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey