mdsalemi

Bikes: 1972 LUPO

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Lupo Bicycle--value??

Originally Posted by dagid
I am assisting a close friend in his effort to establish a fair value for his Lupo Bike. Like others on this forum, he had it custom made to ride in Europe and when he returned to the states. He resides in Oxford, Michigan. He is interested to sell the bike to a friend who also resides in Michigan. I can get the serial # and images if anyone is interested and responds on this forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi--my Lupo was custom made for me by Lupo himself, Umberto Mascheroni, in his small shop in Milano in the summer of 1972. As delivered, it had all Campy Nuovo Record gear, Cinelli handlebars, 32x4 wheels low flange hubs, with sew-ups. It was built as a road racer with a very short wheelbase. Over the years I've modified it. When 27x1 100psi tires became available, I switched to Weinmann concave rims. I have a Weyless seat post, and now a gel seat. Last year I found a vintage Suntour cog, NOS, and went to a 14-36 rear cog which required changing the Campy changer to a GT model. Thus, instead of a vintage road racer as built, it is now a mostly vintage tourer...

I'd take a look at similarly equipped Frejus and Legnano bikes of the era comparable to your friends to determine a value.