Old 07-15-17, 06:13 PM
GeorgePatton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rolandk
Calm down, bros.

This bike does 28mph and people are seriously freaking out when I pass them. Yes, I’m cheating. Yes, a pedal-assist bike is legal on the bike paths (here anyways). It’s nothing against you personally. You are faster than me on a regular bike. I’m just a guy with a long crappy commute trying to get back and forth as quickly and safely as possible. There will probably be more of us.

I can drive but the freeways are an absolute nightmare at rush hour. My commute is 18 miles each way and e-biking only takes about 30 minutes longer total plus I’m getting some great exercise. One less car and all that.

Here are a of couple of examples:

I passed a few guys in a group. This was a clean pass on a MUP with no oncoming traffic. One of the guys sprints after me, takes a look at my bike and starts yelling things like “that’s an electric bike! you’re cheating! buy a motorcycle if you can’t handle it!’ I slowed down and tried to have a civil conversation but he was just ranting so I continued on.

I passed a guy on the same MUP. A little bit later I slowed down for an intersection and he passes me back, which is fine. We’re going 26mph, which is my normal cruising speed for about a mile and he starts running out of steam so I pass him back and I’m gone. I don’t know if he was mad or just using me as a training tool (which is fine). If I see him again maybe I’ll try to have a chat with him.

Thanks for reading
wait how do you get exercise when the bike does all the pedaling for you?

the max speed in my state for an e bike is 20 mph