Old 07-19-17, 05:47 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Physical therapy is going pretty well. The PT guy told me he's going to have to put my leg in an apparatus that looks like a large blood pressure cuff to increase the exercise difficulty - apparently, I'm too fit for the prescribed exercises or something. Never thought I'd hear that. I also got to ride a bike...well, a Schwinn Airdyne, it's sorta like a bike. It felt good to spin, just some soreness around the surgical incision. I was only allowed ten minutes, it was like bikeride-us interruptus!

I put a new left hood, cables, housing and bar tape on the Allez Comp Race, which is the bike I was riding when I crashed. The only remaining signs of the crash are scratches on the left shifter and a ground-down place on the rear quick release, which took the brunt of the sliding. The new frameset is at the shop, and the Ridley is in the car. I'll transfer the parts from the Ridley to the new bike tomorrow and clean up the Ridley frameset for sale. I actually got my first set of carbon bars for the new bike, looking forward to seeing how they ride.

Demain, on roule!