Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Smallwheels
My ideal car free lifestyle would be mass transit everywhere 24 hours a day with motorists sharing the roads instead of battling cyclists and pedestrians. The wait times between buses would be no more than fifteen minutes. During peak times the next bus would arrive within five minutes. Each user would have the option to pay for a monthly pass with unlimited trips. This pass would work in any city. Cash would be accepted everywhere. Bus passes or tokens would not be mandatory.

Traveling between cities would still cost more using conventional methods, but; having a way to go between cities and cross country using one system with one pass would be great. Just catch a bus ride from one city to another and transfer when necessary. Such could be done with rail lines too. The city to city routes would be with buses or trains with storage for luggage. This would be different from intra-city transportation.

All motorized transportation would have fast internet and power plugs for recharging personal devices. All buses, trains, boats, and planes would be kept clean with everything functioning properly. All routes would be shown with a graphical interface online. Real-time locations of vehicles would be seen. A program would show the fastest route to each destination and which transit vehicles to use with all stops listed. This would be available online and at stops. All stops would have covered seating areas.
+1 on the mass transit ... only, I'd prefer they all go to bankcard or phone methods of payment. They're almost there now ... no one uses monthly passes or tokens anymore. Some do use the bankcards or phones, the rest use something similar to a bankcard that you can top up whenever you want.

And I'd like to see a lot more trains.