Thread: stink foot
View Single Post
Old 07-28-17, 07:25 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
touring must be difficult especially if you are camping w/o homelike sanitary facilities

personally, I wash my feet twice a day & change my socks at every opportunity 2-3 times a day. when washing my feet, I use a washcloth including between all toes. all nails are regularly clipped & under the nails are scraped appropriately, as needed (a cpl toes are done every day). weekdays, 2 showers a day once in the morning & once after lunchtime workout. each new set of socks has a dose of Odor-Eaters Foot Powder inside them. wash my socks after every use, usually daily, if not then, the next day. but I only wear socks once before washing them again. last few bike rides been using Keen fisherman style sandals, with REI Coolmax Midweight Hiking Quarter Socks

did A quick search for what army ppl do

Proper Foot Care Can Win or Lose Wars
Proper Foot Care Can Win or Lose Wars | US Patriot Tactical Blog
Many foot injuries and ailments can be avoided by ensuring one thing – that your feet stay dry. Depending on your mission and the weather, this may be next to impossible but it should not keep you from trying – dry most of the time is better than always wet. At the end of each day, you should follow these easy to do steps: wash and dry your feet, apply foot powder to prevent friction and replace socks with a clean dry pair. Letting your boots air out and dry is nice if possible, but is of course mission dependent. Taking care of your feet is more than simply a matter of comfort – it is mission critical.

Top 9 Ways to Protect Your Feet During Military Training
Top 9 Ways to Protect Your Feet During Military Training
- Keep your feet clean. Wash your feet daily with soap and water, and dry carefully between the toes to prevent athlete's foot — a fungus — from forming and spreading. Use an anti-fungal cream on the soles of your feet and on your toenails twice a week. Always wear shower shoes in the shower to prevent foot fungus.
- Keep your feet as dry as possible. Change your socks at least once a day, air-dry your feet during breaks and apply foot powder, cornstarch, or antiperspirant to your feet when you get the chance.
- Cut your toenails short and straight. This will help keep your feet clean and make your boots more comfortable.

The Military Frequent Flyer, The Top 15 Best Tips For Foot Care
Top 15 Best Tips for Foot Care - The Military Frequent Flyer - The Military Frequent Flyer
Clean beneath your nails thoroughly - The best way to keep the underside of your toenails clean is to cut them short so no dirt can hide underneath them. But if you must keep your nails long, make sure to regularly clean them by simply brushing the underside of the toes while you’re bathing. Having dirty toenails aren’t just unsightly – the bacteria in the dirt make your feet stink too.

Boot Camp & Military Fitness Institute, Foot Care: Overview

https://bootcampmilitaryfitnessinsti...care-overview/
- Washing - Feet must be washed at least once a day. If this is not done, then the dead cells (which the body constantly sheds) will build up and will become food for all the nasty bacteria. Smelly feet will then be the least of your worries and you will be fighting athlete’s foot as well as the enemy.
- Drying - After washing you must dry properly, particularly between your toes. This prevents the skin becoming soggy and allowing all those bacteria to penetrate your natural defences, and then inviting in some of their friends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
File Type: jpg
keen sandals and REI socks.jpg (100.7 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by rumrunn6; 07-28-17 at 11:49 AM.