View Single Post
Old 07-31-17, 08:41 AM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dabac
I've considered buying those. Not to use as-is, but to use as prefab mounts to weld to frames and forks. Save me some hacksawing and filing.

I rather doubt their overall usefulness. Disc brake calipers don't have much sideways adjustability. And that design has the caliper's position dependent on dropout thickness.
And I suspect that can vary enough to cause trouble for the design.

No.
That design too has me wondering. Moving the brake boss like that, there'll be a decent amount of force pushing the adapters apart. What's keeping the adapters aligned?
Sounds like a good idea to use the disk mounts for weld on projects. Would have been nice if there was an easy solution for frames that need a good brake solution but I am not sure this is the solution. Adjustment is one thing but I`d like to know if they stay in position under heavy braking or if they twist

The other ones: What keeps them in position may be that small thingy sticking out at the back in picture four pluss I would guess they are made so that tightening the screw that conects them to the frame would keep them in place instead of letting them rotate like a V brake would do.