View Single Post
Old 08-08-17, 10:02 AM
snow_echo_NY

Bikes: Scott Genius, Surly Crosscheck, Yuba Mundo cargo, Specialized Dolce Triple (stolen 5/8/15)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
this looks wonderful.
on July 8-9 i rode in a short bike tour dubbed "micro tour" in which our LBS rides for one day to a campsite and then rides back.
photos and blog post here: https://718c.blogspot.com/2017/07/20...o-tour-03.html and the trip description here: 718tripsandtours.com/2017-microtour-3

Where did you go? we went to mountain lakes park, in north salem, NY
What did you see along the way? lots of trees, bodies of water: rivers and lakes and ponds, tunnels, shops, railroad tracks
Would you recommend the area? yes it was mostly on protected paths and the campsite was nice too.
What sort of accommodation did you use? it was a campground with port a potties and some shelters.
What kind of bicycle did you ride? i rode my commuter which is a light touring bike, the surly crosscheck
Did you learn anything new? nope i had done it before the previous October with the same group

What short tours do you have planned for 2017?
We'll be doing an introduction to touring by going to Staten Island and camping.

2016:
on Oct 1-2 i rode in a short bike tour dubbed "micro tour" in which our LBS rides for one day to a campsite and then rides back.
photos and blog post here: https://718c.blogspot.com/2016/10/mi...e-my-bags.html

Where did you go? we went to lake tiorati, in Bear Mountain Park, NY
What did you see along the way? lots of trees, bodies of water: rivers and lakes and ponds, trails, shops
Would you recommend the area? yes it was mostly on protected paths with some stops along 9W at the 9W market and Nyack - and the campsite was nice too. it was a beast to climb, had to walk part of it.
What sort of accommodation did you use? it was a campground with bathrooms and water facility and some picnic tables.
What kind of bicycle did you ride? i rode my commuter which is a light touring bike, the surly crosscheck
Did you learn anything new? yes it was my first tour ever! i enjoyed it greatly.