View Single Post
Old 08-09-17, 08:43 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
@Hermes, nice to have a nice motor and to get some good workouts in closer to home

@revchuck, welcome back to the road. Seems pretty quick to me, although I'm sure to you it feels like forever...

@sarals, some days are good, some days not, that's the nature of it. Have fun racing today!

@Racer Ex, show the yutes how it's done.

I had a strength workout off the bike on Monday and rest yesterday. Been paying more attention to stretching though, sessions every day for the past week and a nice long one yesterday in all that extra time I had to burn since I had no bike workout.

Today a TT workout, the main event of which was three 5-min 114% intervals. These have been the bane of my existence of late but today, finally! Got it done. Mostly. Missed the last one by two watts. But still. Felt a little more like my old self on the TT bike. It's two months since the position change and I ride the TT bike 3-5 hours per week. It just takes time. I was listening to a TT podcast once and one TTist/coach they were interviewing made the point that most people don't give themselves time to adapt to position changes- they see their power drop (regardless of whether they are faster or not, people get hung up on "FTP," they can't get past the number) and everything feels harder and they wait 2-3 weeks and then give up and go back to the old position. Whereas his feeling was you need to give it way longer than that. For me, so far I'd guess it's gonna be something in the ballpark of 100ish hrs. We'll see.