View Single Post
Old 08-11-17, 02:13 AM
cthorsman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Schwinnsta
The first line of suspension for bicycles are there tires. If you are OK with 20-inch tires, I would stay away from suspension systems. With wider, supple 20 inch tires the ride is comfortable, enough. Suspension adds weight and complexity and are prone to "bob". With 16 inch tires, the smaller air volume makes suspension more of a necessity and less diameter to handle bumps. 16 inch folders are better for multi-mode commutes and storage.

If you can get a swift, and are OK with their fold, swap out the handlebars for some Northroad or swept back style ones. Velo Orange has a good selection.
Thanks Schwinnsta. I will check out 20" tires more carefully this weekend. And play with air pressure. My take on the Swift was it is designed to ride as a road bike. My neck will not tolerate that, can't look up much without pain. Thanks, also, for the tip on the Velo Orange. I assume whatever I do will involve some type of sweep back on the handle bars.

The only Swift I found to try was a size small frame at the bikes@vienna store, D.C. suburb. Good price, brand new. Too small for me, though.