View Single Post
Old 08-12-17, 09:45 AM
Equinox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Road Conditions

I live in a highly taxed Northeastern State. Our roads are deteriorating at an alarming rate. There is zero maintenance, and repaving is done only on an emergency basis. Two friends have been seriously injured after hitting potholes. At first I thought I was using road conditions as a lame excuse for not riding. Further consideration leads me to conclude that my concerns are justified. There are beautiful routes here, but the road conditions in recent years take the fun out of riding.
I did a group ride in an area that I don't usually ride, and we were on some of the worst conditions I've encountered. There was no safe place to ride. Someone called out "car back", but we couldn't get out of the way if we tried. It's frustrating and dangerous.I feel like filing notice with the appropriate agencies that I intend to hold them responsible for any damages, injury or death that occurs due to poor road conditions. The deterioration of the infrastructure in my area is widespread and well documented. The agencies are failing in their mission. I ride a lot. There are potholes that have not been tended to in 5 years. Just do a little maintenance.