View Single Post
Old 08-14-17, 09:51 PM
shipwreck

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jefnvk
Not being a snob. I find it odd that one who has the aptitude to obtain a good paying job and then have a life situation good enough to allow them to quit would complain about the pay from a position the willfully put themselves in.

I can easily see where one may just want the lower paying job more, but I don't have much sympathy for their wages if they willfully quit a more lucrative position. I'd have more fun quitting my engineering job and bum around in Asia or Europe taking piecemeal English teaching jobs, but I sure wouldn't bring up the lack of pay when talking to others.
He pointed out that the crap they have to deal with is not always commensurate with the pay received, and the investment in being educated in the lower paying field. There was no *****ing about the pay itself as it pertains to buying necessity's or supporting a rock and roll life style.

I kind of thought your question was inappropriate, even if he had been just griping about the wages themselves.
Not making any assumptions about that guys motivations, but sometimes a person realizes that their life is a moment to moment Dilbert cartoon, and makes a change that improves life quality, even if it also has its drawbacks. I doubt that a bicycle mechanic has to be leashed to their employer by a cell phone or a salaried position.