View Single Post
Old 08-21-17, 10:43 AM
dragonlord76

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kf9yr
I just wanted to share a couple of pictures of the tandem rack that Rob and the guys at 1up USA built.

I was looking for a hitch mount rack for our tandem as I didn't want to use a roof mount rack with my Escalade. I thought it would be too easy to scratch up the vehicle or the bike as I'm 5'11" and not tall enough to lift the tandem that high ans secure it to the rack.

I did see a thread where someone used an extension plate to put their tandem on a 1up hitch rack but there was a lot of overhang on the driver's side.

I sent 1up an email asking if they would build a rack with a fork mount on one side and their normal mechanism on the other. They replied they would and pictured below is the result.

I used the rack for the first time last weekend at the Phoenix Tour de Cure ride and it worked very well.

When you add the extension plate the rack can no longer fold like a normal 1up rack but I have a couple of ladder hooks in my garage and just store it there.

Could you email me a close up picture where the tandem fork mount? Thanks. Send to dragonlord76@gmail.com.