Old 12-30-05, 03:07 PM
Michigander
Banned.

Bikes: Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Last fall I saw a Great Blue Heron while riding through auburn hills michigan. In another case of a blue heron, one was trying to eat fish out of a family friends pond, so he shot it with a cleaner pellet out of his .25 Beeman, causing it to fly off and not come back. By the way, this guy now has his pond covered with a net.

Once an even bigger bird got my dad by surprise. He was playing golf at a course next to a zoo. An escaped south american condor landed on his golf ball and took it. My dad called the cops, who contacted the zoo, and the huge bird was safely recovered.

A couple of weeks ago, I was camping and decided it would be fun to set up a tarp to sleep under instead of using my tent. There were no doors of course, so wildlife was free to come by and bother me. A turkey vulture smelled the food I had in my backpack, which I was stupidly using as a pillow. Lets just say that I find being woken up by an eager turkey vulture right by your head is almost as pleasent as a jumping into a frozen-over lake.