Old 08-27-17, 11:28 PM
Namida12
Using antix-17.4.1

Bikes: Fuji SST 1.0, Chorus equipped Ridley Excalibur, Novara XR, KHS Classic, Basso Tri-Color, 1982 Bianchi Nuova Touring, Blue Max Plateau EX, Heavy Mongoose Hilltopper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
2009 SST 1.0 with FC-440 fork that is cut to short

I have FC-440 Fuji Carbon Monocoque Integrated 1 1/8" Carbon steerer that is cut to short, where can I purchase another one?

Or can I replace it with a FC-770 Fuji Bonded Carbon Integrated w/ 1 1/8" Alloy Steerer.

I know the FC-770 will be heavier, hopefully as strong, but I now need a taller fork to relax my riding position.

I like the look of this SST bicycle with the level top bar, instead of the curved top bar on the later frames. The stiffness of this frame and and massive Praxis works Zayante cranks let me put power into driving the bicycle forward. But I have aged, and need to ride a bit more relaxed, instead of trying to stay in a sprint position.

Maybe it is time to let this bicycle go, but it has become a close friend, I like the ride, looks, handling, but I am not as supple to stay in an aggressive riding position for hours. Rather than let this friend go, a 2.5 - 5 cm might make all the difference in the world to keep this friend.

JR

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64495513@N08/14594041410