Old 09-05-17, 11:37 AM
ThorUSA
Banned

Bikes: to many

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
hahah you guys always seem to look for problems or some hidden agenda or worse...
Dahon has its own testing lab where every frame design gets tested to the point when the frame or fork or whatever breaks. Usually this is way way beyond any aggressive use for 10 or more years. ( no I hear somebody saying 10 years and they will break ? )
Dahon being copied from almost everybody out there ALSO test their competitors ( but NEVER release any data of course ) Dahon just want to make sure that if a bike looks like a Dahon that it will meet at least minimal standards, otherwise the Dahon name gets ruined. Makes sense doesn't it ?

Now Dahon is also not just resting on their laurels, they are continuously working on solutions to make folding bikes better. I am continuously asking for a bike which can handle a 300 lbs person for example, and although we are not there yet. The engineers are working on that. A small step into that direction is the deltec system. Dahon is working on a model which can be installed on many different bikes. of course it folds without any hassle, put it on and forget about it. I like the idea to be able to retrofit the deltec system ... lets say you are on the upper weight limit, or you plan to make a loaded bike expedition, or you occasionally ride forest paths away from smooth asphalt roads... or you have a different make of bike and want the additional peace of mind.
Hence get your negative thoughts out of your mind and just see this what it is ... an additional piece to make all folding bikes better and even longer lasting.
thor