View Single Post
Old 12-31-05, 10:12 AM
never_be_rich
Older than dirt...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I need some help with gear. I am in Illinois and the temperature tomorrow @ 7:30 AM will be 35 F with 10 mph wind. I have cold weather gear because I run nearly everyday as long as the temperature is above zero. Have a base layer of Nike Dri Fit and a windbreaker shell ... but what do I need in the middle for bike riding? I am going to carry a backpack so I can strip or add.

Since I found this forum, I have done some screwie things ... rode my age (61) on a MTB, stopped at the LBS and picked up road bike catalogs, and now going to ride on New Years day! I ride rural roads where the traffic ( 18 wheelers used on farms) often make me get off the pavement and on a broken or no shoulder. I asked the young guy who runs the bike shop what I needed between a mountain bike and a road bike for these conditions. He said I need to assert my rights more .... I said his chances of living to my age were slim.

Thanks in advance for the help ... and posting this message means I will have to do it tomorrow. Even us old guys have some macho left!