Old 01-01-06, 06:49 PM
cicatrez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bought a new bike wana fix up old

hi everyone.im new to these boards.
im from london.i recently bought a carrera kraken bike for £200.it should arrive next week with luck.
are there any things i should probably prepare for?maybe buy a book on bike maintainence.
my parents bought me a concept kalaban(i think thats what its called). They bought it for £80 for me at bethnal green market! lol.
ive had the bike 7years and it hasnt been serviced apart from maybe fixing a puncture twice. up until recently,i replaced the rear tire so now it has 1 nearly worn out moutain bike tire on the front. and an intermediate new tire on the back.those ones that have the best of both off road and on road.lol.
the bike is in rather poor condition,ive never really maintained it. the chain is pure brown with rust,the side bars and the frame has tiny bits of rust where the pain has been scratched. I still use it to this very day.Ive cycled thousands of miles with it.cycling from barking to kingston and back, or barking to waterloo and back.or barking to epping and back.its really lasted a long time without maintainence
however...
its 21speed. and i cant ride on gears 4,5,6,7. i can cycle on them, but i can hardly pedal hard until it 'jumps' so to speak.my freind says that the chain might be miss alined with the gears at the back. Im thinking that maybe changing the cassette, and the front gears, and getting a new chain would sort it out. what do you guys reckon?

even though i should be getting a kraken in a week or less, i still wana keep this bike and fix it up maybe

also does anybody know of any Uk sites where i can buy accessories for my bike, things that would make it look cool.im not a performance freak.something like funk wheels or a protector for your gears etc...