View Single Post
Old 01-03-06, 11:59 AM
dan828

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In just about every self segregating group I've ever been associated with in any fashion, there has always been some sort of term that means "those other idiots that aren't as enlightened as us." Truck drivers refer to stupid "four wheelers," Motorcyclists use the cager term as well, Linux and Apple people like to rag on those that use windows and have various terms for them. In the military you get to rag on civilians and people that were so foolish as to join other branches of the service. It's all about using stereotypes to build up your ego about yourself and your self identified group. Of course in just about every one of those groups most people didn't really give much of a damn one way or the other except maybe to go along with it because it can be a bit funny to do so at times. When I'm driving call me a "cager" if you like. It doesn't particularly offend me, but I do think it a bit funny when people get so emotional about things that they need to resort to such things. When someone is really serious about such things to the point that they are being bigots about whatever group they are talking about (cagers make up several million people in the US), all that I can usually think about that person is "this guy really needs to get a life."