Cyclaholic
CRIKEY!!!!!!!

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1589 Post(s)
Liked 687 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by royalflash
I just want to get this off my chest: One thing I keep reading on bike forums that annoys me the most is this comment that if you are an overweight rider (whatever that is) then you donīt deserve a light bike and should not even think about buying any lighter components.
No, they don't deserve ultralight bikes/components, why would they? That doesn't mean that they're not perfectly entitled to buy & use/break them either, so long as they remember that those components were NOT designed for ******es that consider burgers and pizza as food groups.

The fact remains that yes you are entitled to buy whatever the heck you want, contrary to good advice - it's your money, but if/when it breaks because it was designed for one or two seasons of road racing by a 120lb whippet rather than riding bumpy MUP's by a 300lb clydesdale then please don't come here with another "my LBS sold me X and now that it broke they won't honor the warranty yadda yadda yadda boohoo poor me" post.

I for one will continue laughing at ******es that show up at the next charity ride sporting a carbonfibre/dura.ace mid-life-crisis machine who then turn their noses up at my steel tourer. I usually stop laughing at them about 20 seconds after the start as I settle into a nice fast paceline and they fade into the background.