View Single Post
Old 01-09-06, 07:25 PM
wingnut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lillypad
Your weight can easily fluctuate that much from one day to another due to water retention. One big thing that has an effect on this is the amount of sodium that you consume. The more salt that you consume the more water your body will retain. Try this: If you do want to weigh yourself every morning, write down your weight somewhere and keep track of it. Take your three lowest weights for the entire week, add them up and divide by three to get your average weight for the week. Keep working out and tracking your weight. Figure out a "goal weight" and keep working out until your average weight for the week is equal to this figure. Even weighing yourself three times per week on nonconsecutive days and averaging them will give you a figure that you can compare to the following week and so on.

So if I eat foods in a given day that are high in sodium I may weigh a bit more the next day. What effect does drinking water have on this? If I drink a good amount of water is the sodium reduced? Or is it just reduced over time.

Seems like drinking water would help, wouldn't it?