Banned.

Bikes: MTB's & a Cyclocross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmxblogs
From BmxBlogs:
Jan 02, 2006 – Carlsbad, CA. Jim Ford, former President and CEO of Haro Bicycle Corporation announced today that he has joined MirraCo, a newly formed company created by Dave Mirra, BMX freestyle‘s most accomplished athlete as well as its most recognized personality. Ford will retain his previous title of President and CEO as well a significant ownership position in the new company.

Mirra’s ten plus years with Haro will conclude on December 31st. In describing the situation, Mirra had this to say, “I had originally intended to finish my career with Haro, but considering how far apart we were in negotiating a new deal, I figured I could do better on my own”. Mirra did however acknowledge that his career with Haro was both fun and rewarding and that he intends to honor his contractual commitments with the company through the end of the year.

“Dave is an incredible athlete, but I’ve also learned he is quite a salesman” commented Ford. “He was relentless in his efforts to get me involved in his new venture once I left Haro, despite the concerns I had with starting from scratch with a new company”. Ironically, after playing key roles in making Haro the dominant brand in the BMX/Freestyle segment of the market, Mirra and Ford’s new company will be the industry’s newest “rider-owned” brand trying to chip away at Haro’s significant market share.

“I’m looking forward to some aggressive but friendly competition with our friends at Haro. It will certainly be challenging given Haro’s dominance in the category, but the times I enjoyed the most during my career at Haro were when we were the underdog fighting to grow the business. This will be a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to it” stated Ford.

Read the whole article
hmmm.. Were you aware that Matt Hoffman has his own line of frames??
I think i will purchase from whoever has the biggest & most air time

Last edited by sngltrackdufus; 01-09-06 at 11:40 PM.