View Single Post
Old 04-09-03, 03:58 AM
AimHigh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the replys,

nferyn you mentioned that it is better to stay at the front, why is that? I would of thought you would be more sheltered in the pack.

You are right about me having problems staying in the pack though, the other riders were more experienced then me and knew how to draft better. I had problems knowing where to position myself, particularly in the cross winds.

I also noticed when I was in the paceline I would take my turn at the front but then I would always find it hard to catch back onto the end of the last rider. I found myself having to accelerate to get back on and this seemed to hurt me the worst. How can I improve my training so I can handle these constant accelerations?

Could someone please give me some advice on how to do intervals to build power, I find it hard just grinding away at a high pace. I usually average 30km/hr on my training rides but races are of course much faster. I seem to be able to average this speed by myself over most distances, my longest training ride is currently 80km and I'm gradually building this up week by week.

The problem with my track racing was that it didnt really prepare me for road racing because the races are really short, I think the longest track race I did was 15 laps of a 400m track.

Thanks, all input much appreciated