View Single Post
Old 01-11-06, 06:30 AM
serotta

Bikes: Serotta, kestrel, Raleigh, Cannondale, Proflex, Santana tandem, Santana Stylus (single), Trek, Schwinn, Azuki, Scattante (fixed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Shifty
Man, that Austin-Healy 3000 looks pretty sweet! Is is still with the six cylinder, what's the deal Serotta?

I like the fork on the Cannondale, don't think I've seen one like that, nice, the Buick modification I guess..
Austin-Healey 3000 is a 1967. (2322 made after it before the company stopped making them.) It has a straight 6 cylinder, 2 side-draft SU's, 150 HP, 4-speed with overdrive on the top two, making it a 6-speed. I parked it 18 years ago because of a rattle in 1st gear. Been meaning to overhaul it ever since. Motor still turns over, but I'll bet most of the seals are gone. Wanna buy it, I'll begin checking on the shipping to Oregon!

Cannondale fork does truly have the Buick modification. If you look carefully you will also find my blood on the toptube, and a three inch crack under the headtube. A friend has recently completed an aluminium class, and is going to get the frame and fork as his shop project.