chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
I can't believe how much you missed the point in that thread.

First, neither Steve nor I were supporting the CM cyclists.
Second, you were the one accused of splitting cyclists into two camps, because of your lack of support for the CMers.
Finally, no one was trying to spin anything. Steve brought to our attention the language used by the judge to convict the CMers, which he found problematic, and explained why. In that same ruling, I found support for a longheld argument of mine regarding the effect of bike lanes on reinforcing the notion that cyclists have an obligation to stay out of the way of cars. Your inability to separate these issues and deal with independent of the overall case is not evidence of anyone spinning anything.
More spin? Luckily, folks can just read the thread.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey