View Single Post
Old 01-16-06, 12:21 AM
gobes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds like it could be a good thread. Here's todays ride on my cyclocross bike (specialized tricross).

It was a beautiful today in southern California. Cooler than normal with clear skies. Everything looked cleaner than normal after a little rain yesterday. I cruised out of my garage and over the the Aliso Creek trail, which is paved. I took the trail about 12 miles to Aliso and Wood Canyons park. I rode down the paved road in the park until it ended with a couple of short detours on dirt trails. Then when I got back to the Wood Canyon trail (hard packed dirt) I rode that trail to the end and back out to the paved road and the park entrance. Then it was back up the Aliso Creek trail and home. Great day for a ride.

I've had the 'cross bike for about a month and am really enjoying it. Last Saturday I did another ride that was part dirt and pavement. For those familiar with the area I rode through Whiting Ranch park, north through Santiago Canyon and then took Black Star Canyon up to Main Divide in the Cleveland Forest.