View Single Post
Old 01-19-06, 02:32 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tivoli1
I should pay you for this advice, it's so good and reassuring (now don't get any ideas!)

I'm just riding in and around suburban streets, the same ones every day. My general neighborhood is surrounded by 3 good sized hills, so I'm not venturing down the hills right now, maybe in a couple of weeks when I've gained more strength and endurance. With all the rocks and twigs and small branches and stuff on the road, it's good to have these tires. I'm feeling so great overall. I think I finally realized that exercise does not have to kill you to be helpful, pacing oneself is a good thing too, with a small increase in steps.

Excellent info, thanks.

You will pay for the advice by sorting out the good pie shops for us, and taking the piccies so we can visit it when in the area.

Those hills. I have a bit of good advice that I still use on the drastic hills. When you first tackle one- take it steady. Do not rush at it. When it gets tough, change down, getting tougher, change down again, and again and again. When you have no gears left and it is still tough--- Slow down. That way you will take the longest steepest hill you have in your area. Only thing is- if you tackle it late in the day- Take lights with you, just in case it is steeper and longer than you thought, Or you get so invigorated by taking the big hill first time out, that you then decide to do another 20 miles just to prove it was not a fluke.

Spike Milligan