View Single Post
Old 04-15-03, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
And THAT is why women often don't think that much of men... because it's all about what's on the outside and nothing about what's on the inside (to be cliche).

I was actually about to make a comment that would have taken us totally off the subject, but I'm not even going to go there tonight. I can debate with anyone over PM about the state of a woman's dress (or lack thereof) and the male attitude (and their resulting actions) via PMs.

Anywho, I get frustrated often with men- you wear something nice, and they make inappropriate comments, stare incessently without regards for our feelings, etc. There's absolutely no brain power involved when it comes to men behaving in such a manner. Then they blame their brain-deficient actions on us- "well, they shouldn't have worn it because they know how we'd respond." Why can't men learn how to curb their non-thinking, cro magnum, insulting, horny behavior and get over it!!?? We could be wearing ANYTHING that triggers men- I got more stares, honks, shout outs, etc. today than I could possibly remember, and I was wearing my cycling tights and the bikeforums jersey. WTF!!?? Why am I the guilty culprit if men decide that they're feeling horny when they are watching me instead of doing something productive, like unlearning their rude, despicable habits? I get REALLY tired of hearing that same old excuse- "you know you want it, or else you wouldn't have asked for it". Asked for what? Unwanted advances, aggressive unwanted sexual behavior, etc?

I am sure there are plenty of women who agree with me. I also believe there is a small segment of women who specifically dress to get the attention of men-women (or girls, in most cases) deliberately wearing clothing that they know will catch a man's attention. In this case, they have low self esteem and are only feeling validated when they receive this kind of attention from men. But for the rest of us, this is how magazines, television, etc. tell us to look- they give us the fashions, they dictate to us what looks good on us, and we wear it. We like the fashions, we want to put our best foot forward, and we want to look attractive. But looking attractive does not equal wanting sexual advances from some oversexed, can't-think-above-the-belt guy who categorizes women based on looks.

Ok, the original post was about cracks... so saying that, I refer back to it and ask that if anyone sees my crack or any other part of me peeping out, will you please let me know? I'm the one on the silver bike with the black tights and the bikeforums jersey, just in case. I really don't want to be some perverted guy's personal peep show, ok?

Koffee