Old 01-20-06, 03:43 PM
mcavana
the commutor / tourer

Bikes: trek 6700 turned touring machine, giant TCR2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
check the rest of your diet... if you are on a "correct" lower carb diet (in other words eating enough greens and drinking enough water) you will not "bonk." The only exception to this is if you just started cutting the sugars, and your body has not gotten used to it yet, or in other words has not gone into ketosis yet. It takes the average persons body a week or so to get used to the change... Once that week has past, if you continue to eat everthing you are supposed to your endorance will be better than ever. (Short hard efforts like sprinting probably will not be as good as when you were not on a low carb diet.)

Remember, it is LOW carb not NO carb!!!!

Plenty of people are going to chime in when they read this and tell you that I am the devil and have evil intentions. Low carbing may not be the most efficient form of fuel, but for MOST people it is an effective way to loose weight. When low carbing, it is still possible to ride a bike efficiently for long distances... without EVER BONKING!!!!

Do some research and make sure your eating enough good carbs. I will not recomend a specific diet because that will give the non believers too much to get all emotional about. Once you are certain that you are eating everything you are supposed to for more than a week, if you still don't feel right, try a different diet!!! Low Carb diets work for MOST people but NOT ALL!!!!

Ok, now watch everyone flip out as they curse me and try to ban me from bike forums!!!