Thread: cross bike
View Single Post
Old 01-22-06, 12:33 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jisaak
I'm looking at a '04 Fuji cross bike to satisfy my road and slight off road cravings - I have a mtb for those days when I want to hit the rough trails. I was looking at a road bike but then thought that the cross may be a little more suitable for gravel trails/roads where the road bike may not be ideal. Anyone with some personal experieince with the same idea or any thoughts on the bike?
Trying to get as much bang for my little buck!

We have a ride in the Uk that is hard for mountain bikes- 100 miles in one day off road. it is hard but a couple of years ago a cyclocross rider took part. This is a hard ride for bikes and they have to be up to it. Only thing the cyclocross rider had to do was have a backup crew to change wheel every 20 miles. Not for the wheels- Our southern Flints were damaging mountain tyres, and he was changing wheels to stop punctures. He managed it and in a respectable time. Only thing was, Like most of us, his one comment afterwards was "Never again"

If a cross bike can do this ride- then doing some less aggressive trails should be fun- instead of masochism.

Spike Milligan