Old 01-22-06, 12:42 PM
mx_599
Lost in the Black Hills

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pacemaker
No, your on the right track with regard to the fructose/triglyceride connection. Fructose is more easily converted to glycerol than glucose, which forms the basis for the attachment of fatty acids which results in increases in Trig levels in the blood. bad for sedentary and active people alike. Not sure about fructose quantities in HFCS vs Sucrose. I think Fructose is added to the corn syrup to give it the same chemical structure as cane sugar. It IS metabolized the same way however. Bottom line-eat less of either and more complex CHO's.
what is metabolized the same?? glucose and fructose evoke different insulin responses for one. do you mean sucrose vs HFCS? if you do, this would depend on the ration of fructose in HFCS. if it is more prevalent, then that would lead me to believe that HFCS is metabolized differently than sucrose with respect to the [fructose].

do you think that an acute increase in triglycerides is bad in an active person? i was just thinking from the perspective that it wouldn't even have a chance to cause harm before FFA is used as a substrate in beta oxidation

what is your edu background?

Last edited by mx_599; 01-22-06 at 12:58 PM.