Old 01-22-06, 01:36 PM
scottmorrison99
New! With Self Loathing!

Bikes: 2013 Jamis Xenith T time trial bike, 2013 Jamis Xenith Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One problem here in California is that access for pedestrians and cyclists is lacking in many areas. Frontage roads along freeways get abandoned and fall into such disrepair that they are unridable, or as is the case on one local frontage road they are broken up and fenced off, making access to other nearby cities(or sometimes parts of the city you are in), inaccessible. Many riders are afraid to cross narrow overpasses with no pedestrian or bike lane provisions to cross highways. Some destinations require going miles out of the way to get some place, because cities here are designed for a car culture ONLY. I know that until I started commuting I would have never considered riding some places that I take for granted now. I think the "Governator" should spend some of that money on bicycle access, but I don't hold out hope that a Governor that drives a Hummer H1 will even consider that. The fact that every one of the things he tried to pass in a recent special election that he brought about ought to give him a clue.

Weird Bike Guy Blog