Old 01-24-06, 12:40 PM
Brian Ratliff

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sbhikes
Perhaps this increase in hit and runs is an unfortunate side-effect of strict drinking and driving laws.
I can see this: driver hits someone and doesn't want to get caught with alcohol on his/her breath. Also, I think cycling is getting a bit more notice, so the newspapers pick up on bicycle-car accidents more readily. I know that this is happening in the Portland area. Portland is so publicly committed to increasing the number of people bicycling that every time there is an accident or an altercation, it brings rise to the "increasing numbers of cyclists causes friction" type articles. Accidents, which before would get a little blurb in the "local incidents" section of the paper, if anything at all, now get full press coverage, along with a bit of commentary on the social aspects of the increasing number of cyclists out on the road.
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter