View Single Post
Old 08-11-01, 12:16 PM
Nobby

Bikes: Vision R-44, TerraTrike 3.6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't much care what I look like. If I did, I'd probably own a comb (still have pretty much all of my hair).

What I do care about is living a lil longer than I would if I didn't 'get fit'. My mothers side of our family has a nasty history of heart disease. My loving mother died of a massive coronary at 65. I'm 51 now. 6 weeks ago I had my first physical in 10 years. Doctor looked at my cholesterol level and blood pressure and called me back in.

He told me that those levels and my families history indicated that I would be dead VERY SOON if I didn't take measures to change my ways. Then he told me that if I didn't reduce both (I forget what levels) in 3 months, he would put me on meds. I DO NOT WANT MEDS! More importantly, having recently married to a wonderful woman, I want to live to much more than 65 years of age.

That's all it took to get me off my butt and away from this computer. I knew I wasn't in great shape. And I know that I wouldn't have changed my ways without a wake-up call. Happily for me the call came from my doctor rather than a heart-attack!

The plus side is, I'm having a blast getting fit and seeing the differences! One of the most exciting things (progress-wise) is being able to look down and see my toes again! Life is good!

Do I use too many !'s????

??