View Single Post
Old 01-26-06, 08:22 AM
brunop
hell's angels h/q e3st ny

Bikes: surly steamroller, independent fabrication titanium club racer, iro jamie roy--44/16, independent fabrication steel crown jewel--47/17, surly karate. monkey (rohloff speed hub), unicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"pure"? kinda. i mean fixed riders who don't sport too much spandex and those logo jerseys which is what trainin' guys generally do. what's up with those things anyway? i see dudes with big ol' guts hangin' over their bib things with logos all over the jersey. it's funny the ben and jerry ones! and the beer ones on fat dudes. why they wear those things? you know they ain't sponsored by anyone on the jersey. hell, they BOUGHT the jersey! if i was gonna sport all sorts o' logos all over my gear, i better get it free or get paid.

i guess i mean an estimated census of riders whose primary bike is fixed.

ya think it's in the low thousands or higher? i tend to think thousands as i'm in boston and nyc and they're probably the hotbeds of urban fixed ridin'. from what i see in these two places, i'd extrapolate and say maybe 4 to 5 thousand "pure" riders. (but i'm terrible at math )