Old 01-26-06, 04:35 PM
srrs

Bikes: Vintage Jim Merz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sch
Altho small, and female, you should be aware that muscle is heavier than fat, and that as you lift, ride and run, the stronger muscles will enlarge somewhat and the fat component will shrink somewhat so you could concievable gain some weight. Not talking about a lot, but 3-5# is not unreasonable. With a little time and lot of effort your power output for your weight could allow you to outride a lot of male riders up hills. That is true of half a dozen or so young ladies in my area. You won't end up looking like the weight lifters on TV either as it takes extraordinary efforts to do that
for men and women both.
Steve
i really don't mind gaining weight at all, as long as i still fit into my jeans! the reason i eat such a low-calorie diet is that i was trying to get healthy after a long period of relative inactivity and bad nutrition. so i succeeded, but i got too used to carefully counting calories, and now i'm having a hard time increasing my calorie intake to maintain my weight and fuel muscle development. my training regimen is also a little monotonous - i think i'll start working on the perodic training soon. and looking forward to spring, too, of course, when i can actually get outdoors to ride more often!